Re: [MV] Off Topic (M151?)

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 17:17:52 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "m35products" <m35prod@optonline.net>
<mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Off Topic (M151?)

> Can you disconnect the drive shaft at the rear end, and wire it up, out of
> the way? Then the oil won't come out the transfer. APB

Hm...I don't see why you couldn't, but you'd have to do a really decent job
of wiring it so that there's no chance it'll start walking itself backwards
and then right out of the transfer. From what I remember the coupling
itself where it enters the transfer is all of an inch and a half long, so it
wouldn't take much slack for it to walk itself completely out and pole-vault
while you're towing it. Ouch. :)