Half-track and/or Scout Car NOS Oil Filter Housing with original filter element.

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 07:13:21 PDT

My half-track has the "short" oil filter housing with the T-handle on the
top.
Evidently, there is a "tall" oil filter housing that has a 6-point bolt head
at the top instead of the T-handle.
I now know, from personal experience, that the tall and short filter
housings are NOT interchangeable unless the cast-iron base (mounts the
housing to the engine block) is changed also.

Long story short, my housing had a small rusty spot that had rusted through
to make a small pin-hole in the housing, so I was looking to replace it. I
mistakenly purchased the tall NOS filter housing and filter element, but it
will not work without the proper "base."
I fixed the rusty pin-hole in my old housing, and am currently looking for a
filter element for the small filter housing.

I paid $75 for the tall NOS filter housing and filter element. I still have
the original box that it came in, with the rubber o-ring that was in the box
with the housing. It is a fram product, appears to be 1940's vintage, and
is painted black with stickers on the side and top of the housing that say
"dipstick tells the story" and other stuff. I don't have any photos, and
won't have the time to get any anytime soon. Since I'm not going to use it,
and never will, I want to offer it to the members of the list before listing
it for sale on e-bay. I'd like to close to half of my money back out of it,
if possible, so if there is anybody that has $35 that they want to give for
it, plus shipping if you aren't coming to pick it up, then it is yours.
Reply off-list if you have any questions.

- John Brian Seeling
  Alexandria, LA