Re: [MV] Semi-OT: Military Generators

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 17:34:49 PDT

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 2:37 PM -0400 7/19/04, IHC53 wrote:
> >Ive got a buddy that has a Military Generator
> >2A016 -III (Made by Chrysler) and is having
> >problems. He can get it to run for about 10
> >seconds then it sputters out and dies. He
> >has cleaned the tank, replace spark plug,
> >cleaned all the lines etc...
> >
> >Any idea on whats causing it and a possible fix?
>
> Obstruction in the carburetor or that the
> carburetor isn't feeding fuel to the float in a
> sufficient manner to run the engine.
++++++++
I just had a mil-compressor do the same thing!

Only it would puke oil out the carb when it died!!

It turned out that the diaphragm in the fuel pump had
crapped out!!!

The gasoline had "filled" the crankcase too full
causing the "oil" to gusher up to the valve cover and
then out the vent into the carburetor!!!!

The fuel pump I had on hand had a too-short lever, so,
I swapped levers with the old pump and stuffed it in
the appropriate hole, and WALLY! It works!!!!!

Joe