Re: [MV] M880/M887 Questions

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 11:56:29 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "kuhrick" <kuhrick@comcast.net>
<mil-veh@mil-veh.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M880/M887 Questions

> mine has a part way melted rubber plug that plugs in too the brain for
> the spark pulgs
> left side fire wall i think
> ken m886

Mine was a bit messed too, but I put it down to sort of rubber dry-rot
taking its toll over the years. The 'brain' is what fries when you have a
poor battery connection, or take a battery connection off while the motor's
running. After that little incident I kept a spare one of those in the
glove box along with a spare alternator module (mounts on bulkhead right
above distributor.)