RE: [MV] Fwd: Lube for Vinyl Cab Top Installation

From: Richard J. Thiers, Jr. (dangercat@onemain.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 14:13:10 PDT

Hi Neal and listers,
        When installing the vinyl tops, I've used 3M WL-QT wire pulling lubricant.
It's a very slippery water based lubricant, and it evaporates in a few
minutes. I've seen it for sale at Home-Depot for around 6-7 bucks a quart.
When removing the top I use an ink cartridge syringe to "inject" the lube
into the channel. It's helped alot in installation and removal. I've seen
no staining or other problems associated with the lube's use.
        Of course, "your results may vary".
                Rick

Rick Thiers
M.V. Sales & Hardware