Re: [MV] Fwd: Lube for Vinyl Cab Top Installation

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 14:48:14 PDT

At 5:13 PM -0400 7/21/04, Richard J. Thiers, Jr. wrote:
>Hi Neal and listers,
> When installing the vinyl tops, I've used 3M WL-QT wire
>pulling lubricant.
>It's a very slippery water based lubricant, and it evaporates in a few
>minutes. I've seen it for sale at Home-Depot for around 6-7 bucks a quart.
>When removing the top I use an ink cartridge syringe to "inject" the lube
>into the channel. It's helped alot in installation and removal. I've seen
>no staining or other problems associated with the lube's use.

A note on this stuff. Its very good for this application because it's
designed to be smeared on electrical and data cable when pulling it
in conduit or in rough in holes through walls. The materials don't
break down plastics or rubber and after drying isn't prone to causing
corrosion (an otherwise serious problem with wiring.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -