Re: [MV] turned up deuce pump: the reason it was down is...

From: w7ls (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 15:37:44 PDT

According to a sage wrench in the area, the reason it was turned down was that the military was responding to a problem where the drivers were blowing rods. They surmised that it was due to too much fuel, so they turned it down. Problem turned out to be the drivers were missing shifts and the governors weren't catching it. By the time they figured that out, they had surplussed lots of trucks. Hence, there are lots of deuces out there that have intentionally turned down fueling and are wimpy.
  So goes the rumor, anyway. He knows jack, too. :-) Jim