Trial cranking the HMMWV

From: Brian Shook (shookysmvs@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 18:34:10 PDT

List,
I am trying to trial crank my HMMWV 6.2 diesel for a few minutes to see how
it is going to run. Question. Does the Alternator need to be hooked up on
the engine to complete a circuit for cranking??. I have everything in the
wiring harness hooked up except the Alt. I will scope it over more tomorrow
when I have more time. Wait light comes on, but nothing when I turn to crank
it.
Batteries are fully charged.

Thanks for any help or replies.
Brian