Re: [MV] FW: [MV] Anyone have or have seen the HP-Torque graphs for the LDT-465-1D?? (M35A2)

From: Jim Stead (gadget@easypath.com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 20:03:27 PDT

    There's a guy out there, wish I could remember his name, who could
probably add a lot of info to this topic. He has a desert sand colored deuce
with a homemade hydraulic powered winch, homemade hydraulic power steering,
disk brakes all around, and an LDT-1D running at max per his conversations
with some Hercules reps regarding their destructive testing. He told me he's
gotten a lot more out of the LDT-1D than we might think we can. He's about
to transplant in a hopped up 5-ton motor.....
    I can't vouch for his motor or his Hercules conversations, but I have no
reason to doubt him. His Ford 9000 hydraulic steering, and his winch are
quite real. If the military chose his placement of the hydraulic reservoir,
they wouldn't have a hazmat incident every time a soldier bumped into
something with the front end of an A3.
    I don't think he's on this list, anyone know the eccentric guy I'm
talking about? Have contact info for him?

Jim