priming a M816

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 17:19:50 PDT

O.K. I knew the day was coming and it's here. I let the wrecker(M816) run
out of fuel. I've put over 5 gals back in the tank(pass side). Going by the
-10 I opened the top draincock at the line going into water/fuel separator,
open the draincock at the bottom of the water/fuel separator and had a
steady stream of fuel coming out of the bottom then closed both, opened the
air purge draincock at the manifold and pumped the hand primer pump, It
pumped some fuel out and after 90 seconds was suppose to start the new fuel
but it just pumps, no new fuel. What did I miss. TIA, Wayne