CUCV Jerry Can stuff

From: Jim Cooney (triumphtrash13@eircom.net)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 12:33:21 PDT

Hi List,

I'm looking for a military Jerry can holder for my 1984 M1008A1 CUCV. Can
anyone help? I'm looking for the genuine military item. Where would the
gerry can holders usually be mounted on these trucks? Also did the US
Military use one type of Jerry can for Gas (petrol) and another type for
Diesel (derv). If so how do you distinguish one from the other. Any help
appreciated.
Thanx in advance,

Jim......in Ireland

PS. Just back from the War & Peace show in England. As usual a great
experience. Just to see, touch and smell such a variety of privately owned
Military Vehicles in one place is something else. It's a must see/do for any
MV enthusiast where ever you're from. One thing I noticed compared to last
years show was that there didn't seem to be quite as much MV spares and
equipment for sale. The amount of Militaria for sale was on the up however
in direct relation to the drop in MV stuff. Did anyone else who went to the
show find this?