RE: [MV] LD-465-1C Rear Main seal et. al.

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 09:20:05 PDT

Kirk:
For the rear main seal on the LDT-465's, I would suggest you avoid the NOS
parts.
Call your local Caterpillar dealer and purchase a new rear main seal for a
3208 engine.
I think it is part number 7W-3200, but I am not sure. I got the info from
someone on this list (wish I could give proper credit where it is due, but I
am forgetful, so please accept my apologies. Might not matter anyway since
some people have unsubscribed recently).
This seal has given me no problems and seems to be of higher quality and
better design and/or construction than the NOS rear main seal.

If that part number doesn't work for you, I can go to my shop tomorrow and
see if I can't dig up the package from my last rear main seal replacement,
which was done about a year ago.
- John Brian Seeling
  Alexandria, LA