Re: [MV] M880 - steering

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 05:23:44 PDT

I have seen in some after market catalogs a back up plate or stiffener to
reinforce the frame where the power steering box is mounted to the frame.
 I had an '82 K5 4x4 that I had to replace the steering box because of
wear, and the frame on it was OK. I understand that a cracked frame is
quite common on some models. I suppose it depends on how much the vehicle
was abused.

Royce