M35 leaking head gasket

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 13:36:50 PDT

List

The head gaskets are leaking on my deuce. They have
been leaking for some time now but is very gradually
getting worse. I'm not lossing any antifreeze
(confirmed by a oil analysis) it's just seeping oil in
various places. There is enough leakage to leave
small puddles when parked but I think most of the
puddles may be coming from the oil filter canisters or
oil cooler and I plan to investigate that area also.
My question is, is there a chance that the gaskets
will suddenly fail leaving me with no compression or
causing it to leak antifreeze? The engine is a newer
1989 with "TD" block. (someone told me the "TD" block
can be torqued higher and use better gaskets but I'm
not sure).

Thanks

Marc