duece in-tank fuel pumps and cheap parts

From: tedhils@cyber-south.com
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 09:25:25 PDT

    Here's something some of you might want to consider if you don't want to
spend the big bucks on the in-tank pumps....
    Do away with the internal pump and use a 24 volt external pump. You can
get them at Napa or the big truck parts places. They run about $75 and are
a lot more reliable than the original pumps. We mount them on the frame and
splice them into the same hoses that were used for the in-tank pump.
    Of course, this economical alternative is not for the purists. They're
still gonna have to pay the big bucks for the in-tank pumps.
    Oh yeah..... I have started carrying parts for M37, 2 1/2 and 5 Ton....
seals, master cylinders, wheels cylinders, kits, lights, gauges, etc. These
are newly manufactured, OEM style parts, so there's no problem with rubber
cracking like on N.O.S. stuff. My prices are good, too, from what I've been
able to see by comparing to the other dealers out there.
Ted

Ted Hils
Ted's Trucks 'N Stuff
1181 County Road 560