RE: [MV] Keeping a log for your HMV?

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 13:50:59 PDT

Keep a log, just don't add it up!

Since my jeep is a restoration progress, I kept a pack of receipts/invoices of everything that I bought (that wasn't ebay or at a meet) and I had to add it all up for a dollar value for insurance. It was something that my insurance company needed from me, at the time it was a little over $6,000. It's been quite a while since I've added all that up, but I still keep all the recipes I get. - Something that I'd recommend to all of you. It's just as simple as stuffing them all in a folder and putting it in a cabinet. It may be hard to get the insurance company to cover something you bought and added to your vehicle, if it's an after the fact sort of deal. But it's stiff proof of what was purchased to replace or restore what was needed.

I'm honestly scared to add up all the invoices at this point. It's easily over $10,000. After I get all the body work done, and my M38A1 is finally all cherried out, I'm going resubmit the invoices and increase the coverage on my little jeep. At current progress, that might be next summer.

Aaron Horrocks