Re: [MV] camo netting

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 10:20:16 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] camo netting

> At 9:09 AM -0700 8/3/04, International Movie Services wrote:
> >
> >a written directive. In the same vein I've been told that Humvee parts
and
> >residue are being sent to, I think, Arizona for shredding? Absolutely
> >nothing in the way of chassis, suspension or bodywork pieces have been
> >released through GL here in the Northwest.
>
> There are HMMWV fording kits for sale at Camp Lejune. Fuel tanks and
> doors too. The Fuel tanks had an A1 Demil Code!

Hm. Didn't see the fuel tanks, but did see complete A1 NOS geared hubs. I
work with Ian and while we see that stuff come up way East, Northeast and
Southeast of us, we never see it in the Pacific Northwest unless someone's
gone at it with an oxy-acet kit or a D8 first. My favourite had to be HMMWV
geared hubs with the ball-joint sockets torched off before being dumped.
That's a lot of Uncle's labour expended to be, well...criminally wasteful.

Soft doors and HMMWV hoods appear to have been universally exempted from EUC
nonsense as of a few months ago. I've seen lots of each come up. Saw a
couple of the M1025 doors come up too in singles without any EUC required,
though most seemed to have structural damage of some type from what I
recall.