Non whistler turbo M35 VS Whistler

From: Jeffrey Cerniglia (jcerniglia@msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 18:05:03 PDT

Ok guys, here is a question I'm sure all of you will think is dumb, but I
just want to tap into the knowledge base that this board has to answer this
very simple question so here goes..

What is the difference between a M35 that has the whistler turbo VS a M35
that does not whistle??
Is it mainly just the turbo?? or is it the engine and turbo as a
combination?? I was recently told that all you would need to do to make a
non whistler truck whistle is to remove some veins from within the turbo
housing?? Is this true??

Thanks,
Jeff