Re: [MV] FW: [MV] Power Steering Fluid in Humvve

From: Darrell Ramsell (daram@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 10:19:58 PDT

I did find out a little more on this subject after talking to someone at the
USMC motor stable.

One reason the military uses transmission fluid is because it has a higher
heat tolerance. So with most of the HMMWV going to Iraq, they definitely
need it. The other reason is to simplify the supply line.