M35A2 tire and heater questions...

From: Alex (alex@glx.net)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 20:09:04 PDT

My non running M35 is now home, sleeves are rolled up and am learning to
work on it. Until the next unknown rears it's head, the simple questions
I have today are:

1)What size tires can I mount on it. It now has 9.00x20 mil ND's. Can I
mount 11.00x20 Mil ND's? What about those cool Michelin tires? What
sizes? Can I use the 9.00 tubes and flaps with the other size/type
tires. Are the Michelins radial. and would I need radial tubes? Why?
What else do I need to know about tires for this truck. I understand the
ND's are bad in snow. right?

2)My truck doesn't have a heater. There is a guy on ebay with a fuel
powered heater for this truck. It looks new but doesn't have a control
or distribution box. Should I get this as a basis for a cab heater? They
go for about $50. I remember the great heat put out by my gas heater in
my old V W. I've seen m35 H2O heater kits for $225 on some web sites.
seems a little steep???
Thanks,
Alex