Re: [MV] Newbie info

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 00:03:13 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "~C&L~" <ourplacenorth@cogeco.ca>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 4:28 PM
Subject: [MV] Newbie info

> Just a Hello & I hope I am sending this to the right address,
> I am interested in Canadian Versions of the M35 Deuce & 1/2 or M.L.V.W. as
> it's known up here
> Any help on finding one or if anyone knows roughly what a decent one would
> cost?
> Thanks & I just want to say you guys are a wealth of a knowledgebase!
>
> *Future OMVA member*

A few have been sold off, evidently, though the only one for sure that I
know of was in the Prairies somewhere, and it went for something like
(*gulp*) $12,000.00!!

Ouch.

The ones in my old unit were pretty rusty and beat on, and it amazed me that
the company I was working for could pull up beautiful looking trucks from
Dr. Mo in the 'states, where on the Queen's time we drove around in Rust
Reservations held together with six or seven layers of ugly camo paint. In
fact, up from where I work I saw a really decrepit M35 that was SO bad my
first thought was that one of our local collectors got really burned at the
last GL sale - but lo and behold - it was wearing the Queen's licence-plate!
Embarrassing. That one and most of the others from units locally (maybe
all - I've been out for a bit) got all that rust and stuff fixed via a
life-extension program or something awhile ago, but despite all that, I
still think the average surplus M35 (US) is a better truck. Still - I'd
like an ML too - so thereya go!