RE: [MV] Ch 1, New M35 owner saga...

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 05:30:50 PDT

Hey Alex,

Like your story!
As you probably know the dyed diesel fuel is for off-road use only. Not very
likely that you would be getting caught using it, but why take a chance...

Important items to check (not mentioned in the story) include the coolant
and the batteries.

You are operating a diesel and the coolant should have additives to prevent
cavitation and of course provide the proper freeze protection. Find a truck
service/dealer place and get test strips for the coolant. Look for
Fleetguard 3-way strips.

Check your battery connections. Bad connections coupled with poorly charged
batteries will lead to "load dump" damage, which the regulator cannot
handle.

Just a couple of things to keep you busy.

Have a great day!
Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia

PS. 50 isn't old in my book...