Pintle hooq ? M887/M151

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 06:38:39 PDT

Greetings list members. I have recently acquired an M887 contact maintenance
truck in trade. It has a standard type non rotating pintle hook. The bumper is
flat steel and the hooks for safety chains are quite wide in comparison to
the hitch. I've seen a safety chain plate that bolts behind the pintle on one or
more MVs. Is the M151 the one that has this? Also, is the bolt pattern the
same for the non rotating and the rotating pintles? I wouldn't mind using the
rotating pintles like the CUCV has.
Kenny