Re: [MV] wanted M101 trailer

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 19:10:15 PDT

Two types of M101 trailers:
3/4 ton
1/4 ton manufactured by DEW Engineering in 1992. This is an upscale version
of the M416 but with several significant modifications:
16" Michelin radials
Handbrake moved to driver's side
Four lifting handles on each corner of the box
Cargo tiedowns recessed into the interior of the bed and the sides
Two large triangular reflectors each side of rear panel
As far as I know this trailer was only used by the Canadian Army to pull
behind the Volkswagen "Iltis" jeep.
I could be wrong but I don't think more than 1000 were built. I own both
types of 1/4 ton trailer and the 101 is far superior to the 416.
Ubique!
Ian