Re: [MV] Rental for a movie

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:55:07 PDT

Further to my earlier comments, (and Chance
Wolf--Ian???)

Working movies is ok IF- as mentioned previously- your
Mil vehicle ISNT a pristine example with all the rare
bits... in fact, movie rental might be considered if
the vehicle is just "OK".

HOWEVER another problem is that they may hire vehicle
plus you for a specific day...you take time off
work..but the shoot's suddenly delayed till
tommorrow..OOPS..what dya do now?

I personally would NEVER NEVER NEVER let my vehicle
(even a scruffy one) go down the driveway to a movie
set without me being there on site!!

Remember rule no-1 The shot's the thing and they DONT
CARE what they have to do to get it!

As I said earlier...to them its JUST A PROP.. like a
table, chesterfield, old building whatever...

 movie people, the actors, and extras undoubedtly know
very little to absolutely nothing about your MV and
care very little to absolutely nothing about its
history, its rarity, or the time and care you took to
restore it.. NADA NICHTS RIEN

I've only been on a few shoots (HURRY HURRY- wait wait
wait)but have seen some things make me squirm..
including movie guys roughly smearing sandy-mud (real
sand in this case) all over the beautiful glossy paint
of a lovely 40's Caddy ( not so glossy afterward I
bet)

Extras putting there gritty soles on shiny gloss
fenders to tie shoes. A beautiful halftrack that
"almost" went through a brick wall (well they're
armoured right?") Fortunately styro bricks were later
used instead of a real wall after owner pulled up the
trailer to take the MV home.

Burned clutches of cars/jeeps

Realism doesnt always count either.. M38A1 (with roll
bar yet!) in a WW-II film (Radio-Canada)

Movie rental can pay, and can be fun, BUT forewarned
is forearmed

Cheers
Marc
Convoy Magazine