Re: [MV] Importing U.S. vehicles from Europe

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 05:32:23 PDT

been there, done the clean up thing after the fact. (on return from normandy
1994)
if your container is lucky enough to get a dept. of ag inspection, there better
NOT be ANY dirt, mud, long grass, weeds, etc. if there is you will be paying to
have your can unloaded at the dock, and pay a "professional" service to steam
clean everything. then after a 4 hour wait a friendly dept of ag guy will come
by and inspect the cleanup and hopefully sign off on your paper work, letting
you either reload the can for final delivery or if you are close (in my case
+-200 miles) to the port drive your treasures home. (daryl bensinger and i drove
his jimmy tipper, and towed a mb from north jersey to central pa).
this is of course only if you are a winner in the dept of ag can inspection
lottery!!! play at your own risk.

jeff

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON