First MV

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 17:10:15 PDT

         Gents and Ladies of the MV list of all kinds,

         I have found an M-1009 that I can actually afford without the Wife
going off the deep end. It is April 1985 production according to the plate
affixed to the body on the drivers side. It runs good and starts right off
but needs a rear seat, crank handle for the rear window, new weather seal
for the fiberglass cover to try to prevent water leaks. Has a new exhaust
system from manifolds to tailpipe. And this big honking metal plate
attached to the middle of the dash that obviously held something electronic
but I don't have a clue what it was. Even has a big multiple pin connector
just to the left of the trans hump with cover. No outside antennas or
mounts but there are holes where they were!!! There is a power strip behind
the passenger seat on the outside wall but I suspect it will be 24 volt. It
has potential for Ham radio's and Military radio's to enjoy.
         I have tried to download from Logsa and it keeps requesting a user
name and password. Isn't there another website where I can download
Military TM's, LO, Etc? I suspect I will be asking a few questions of my
own in the near future. What blew my mind was after I put a deposit on the
truck I told the owner what I really wanted was a Deuce.

         I have been driving past this guy's place for over EIGHT YEARS!!!!

         You never know what your going to find in your backyard so to speak.

         He stated he has a "6x6 that was owned by a town DPW till three
years ago Diesel, runs good I'll show it to ya on Saturday.

         I can't wait.

Jim

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net