Address for Iraq Mail

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 09:24:32 PDT

Okay everybody, for those of you who wanted it, and those of you who may want to send something to the troops here is my address.  Of course I will take my 10% off the top of anything, just kidding, I will pass out whatever cometh.

SSgt Smith, Cliffton N.
1st MarDiv, HQ BN, H&S Co.
UIC 40120    G-4
FPO AP 96426-0120

Just a reminder of what makes it through the mail, Its hot here so dont send anything that would melt.  Most of the guys/gals like the baby wipes (easy cleanup), nuts, jerky, batteries, candies, and the such.  Mail takes about 2-3 weeks so keep that in mind when sending the fresh stuff (ie homebakes), just pack em good.  Those of you who can burn CD's/DVD's we do have the capabilities to play them out here also.  Anything counts right!  Small Phone cards (calling cards) are also great help to call home- Hell I might just be calling you to thank you personally!  The list kinda goes on like that.  If you are in doubt of sending something, feel free to email me to see if its gonna make it and be usable.  Im sure someone will use whatever it is.

We do have some of the amenities here that you may not think of so I will aprise you of that also.  Some have refridgerators, most work spaces have A/C (for the computers), obviously we have computers for mail, not too bad, but the shooting gets irritating at best.  Just as I was on my way over here I could hear the fire fight out in town.  Couple of explosions around the area, nothing in the camp but nearby.

I will thank you all in advance for everything you send, its all much appreciated.

Cliff Smith SSgt USMC Iraq (6 months 25 days to go.....)