Re: [MV] Florida/hammered

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 18:17:14 PDT

Without knowing anything at all about the case in question, (and use of
pepper spray was probably a bit over the top) it seems that the resident was
wrong to attempt access, for a very simple reason. Say he was legitimately
headed home, but was also an amateur crook. Now he's inside a hot zone, with
free access to other peoples' stuff. It's the old "If we let you do it, we
have to let everybody do it" logic, which, in this case makes NO the right
answer. Unless the law enforcement types have the Scanner, Mark VII, MMMMRE
(equipment, mind-reading, miniature, mobile, moron), they are in no position
to make exceptions. He should have recognized that the rule was being
enforced to protect him as well as everybody else. But of course, he was
probably of the "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's made up" persuasion.

Guilty as charged. Next case.

The Hon. apb, presiding.