Re: [MV] Florida/hammered

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 21:14:23 PDT

At 9:17 PM -0400 8/19/04, m35products wrote:
>Without knowing anything at all about the case in question, (and use of
>pepper spray was probably a bit over the top) it seems that the resident was
>wrong to attempt access, for a very simple reason. Say he was legitimately
>headed home, but was also an amateur crook. Now he's inside a hot zone, with
>free access to other peoples' stuff. It's the old "If we let you do it, we
>have to let everybody do it" logic, which, in this case makes NO the right
>answer. Unless the law enforcement types have the Scanner, Mark VII, MMMMRE
>(equipment, mind-reading, miniature, mobile, moron), they are in no position
>to make exceptions. He should have recognized that the rule was being

Well, there's this whole issue of wanting to check on the status of
your largest single investment. You've evacuated as you were ordered,
but you're not allowed back on your property. Is there no
verification of who you are (Drivers licenses list addresses.
Proabably a sure bet and easy thing to check for a cop.

IF the cops let him go back to his property he might be in danger,
but guess what, he probably figured that out. So what? How would many
of us like being told we couldn't own our green machines because we
might get hurt?

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -