Market Garden + 60 Years

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 14:45:08 PDT

Subject: [The WS No19] Wheels Liberationcamp Son September 2004
   Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:02:22 +0200
   From: "D. Bosma" <amigadb@dds.nl>
     To: <liberationcamp_son@clubwheels.nl>

Hello there,

This message is intended as a heads up for our 60th Liberation event this
September;

As you will no doubtly know this year it's sixty years ago that operation Market
Garden took
place. To keep the memory alive and to celebrate that the region Eindhoven - Son
was liberated
sixty years ago the club WHEELS is organising;

 A big Liberation-camp from the 13th until the 19 th September 2004. This camp
is intended for
as well as vehicle-, militaria collectors and radio amateurs as for living
History groups.

It goes without saying that all this applies to equipment and groups from the
period 1940 till
1945. The camp will be located in the community Son & Breugel, one of the
well-known places
where at the start of operation Market Garden paratroopers were dropped. The
camp will be set
up along one of the former dropzones, partially on pastureland partially in the
woods.

 The camp has got a double function:

1) A living camp where guests and visitors can see how our liberators lived and
worked during
    those days, sixty years ago.

2) By presenting a full program giving the participants the possibility to
participate in or
being present at the different liberation activities that take place in the
southern part off
Holland.

Naturally there will be enough facilities on the camp such as sanitary
facilities.

For tank owners or other tracked/heavy vehicle owners there is an arena on site
were you can
enjoy yourself to the full and where demonstrations can take place.

Make sure you are there; send you entry form in today.

Don't just look at it participate actively. You won't regret it.

See our website www.clubwheels.nl for more info and our programm or to download
an entry form.

If you don't appreciate receiving this message we apologize.
Don't worry this is a one off message.

With regards,

Danny Bosma
Secretary Wheels