Re: [MV] A Disgusting Development... re: eBay

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 21:14:35 PDT

I thought eBay always required cookies to be on?

Remember... cookies don't necessarily do anything bad. The BBS software
we use doesn't "spy" on people. It's just a means of making the BBS work
better for the end user. They are a necessary evil for certain types of
interaction, though of course that doesn't mean that is always the case.
 Which is the problem with cookies. We have to trust the ethics of
whomever programmed them.

Steve

>Yes. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE.
>
>I just tried it again and with cookies turned off, the eBay system will NOT
>accept an entered user name and password. It WILL accept EXACTLY THE
SAME user