RE: [MV] CUCV glow plugs

From: Glenn Shaw (mpmutt@mtaofnj.us)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 17:39:37 PDT

Hi
AC 13G plugs along with AC 9 plugs are all *garbage* and not to be used
according to GM. Throw them away. There was no recall, only GM fix if
the truck was under warantee (90 days on the plugs) . Use only AC 60G
plugs which are temp compensating non-swelling. I have switched my CUCV
trucks all over to them as recommeded by GM, and have never had a
problem. Make sure your glow plug controller is not keeping the plugs
on too long due to a problem with the system. I know you stated that it
seemed to cycle for the proper time, but if it stays on too long even
one time it will pop AC 9 and AC 13 plugs. The AC 60G plugs can
theoretically be left on all day without swelling. Once you change to
the AC 60G plugs you can throw away your glow plug extractor tools :)

Glenn