Re: [MV] OT another ploy by ebay

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 19:42:58 PDT

John,
I'd be curious to know what they ever backed down on. As far as I could
tell, they basically don't care what their customers think, and instead
think they are best equipped to decide for us what we can and cannot
sell, and their "Safe Harbor" system is designed to leave anyone who
gets caught in its bureaucracy hung out to dry until eBay gets around to
them. But the difference is, I doubt that they have any real interest
in the opinions of even their customers, as they view us as simply
another disposable commodity that gets replaced if it does anything to
interrupt their cash flow. Still, until someone else brings out a
viable competition that enough people will search out in order to buy
goods from to make it worth a seller's time to pay to list their items,
eBay is the only game in town, even if only because so many people just
keep accepting their arrogance- or are too lazy to look elsewhere, or to
create options of their own. Gunbroker.com did it; maybe there needs to
be something along that line for MV collectors?
JTravis