RE: [MV] 6TL availability/price

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 11:04:59 PDT

I think that battery un-availability you heard of is completely correct... I've been hearing all sorts of supply problems for recent & current operations. Namely;
 - Parts for vehicle repairs and maintenance for practically everything out there
 - New production uniforms, like marpat (which is preventing ME from getting my set of marpat!)
 - Tents. I hear the military has gone into the surplus market and bought up most of the GP series tents, making those almost impossible to find, and likely raising the market price higher too.
 - Ammunition for rifles, small arms. Manufacturers are blaming their low productions and backorders on expensive and frivolous law suits, and certain gun control laws, which are made possible and are supported by certain politicians... One of which is running for president this year.

Your best bet would be to find some used ones or try out some of the battery restoration products that were discussed on this list a while back. There was some great info in those threads. They should be archived by now.

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1
1986 G.P. Medium