OT Camp Claiborne, LA

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 05:56:12 PDT

Does anyone have any information on Camp Claiborne,
Lousiana? My grandfather (now passed) reported 2 May,
1941 and went through boot camp there. He was
assigned to: 34th Division, Service Co., 109th QM
Regiment.

Are there any websites/forums out there to locatate
others assigned to specific units/posts?

I have found several websites about Camp Claiborne.
There are still streets and foundations there. My dad
and I want to make a pilgrimage there someday to see
the ruins of where my grandfather went through
bootcamp.

MV Content: My grandfather drove big green army
trucks in Panama during WWII.

Jeff Gatton
Saucier, MS