RE: [MV] M1009 Vacuum pump diaphragm

From: mstevens@fslf.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 14:33:00 PDT

Amnon,

   I'm glad that the trick worked for you. I would be careful when asked to
use oil but then substitute WD-40 in it's place. WD-40 is a penetrating oil
of sorts, water displacer but not a lubricant. The website lists it's uses
here: http://www.wd40.com/Brands/wd40_product_info.html

The reason I even mention it is that WD-40 has a nasty habit of leaving a
residue that is sometimes worse that the original problem. Do a yahoo search
for (wd-40 lubricating properties) and read some of the gun and knife owners
horror stories. It's good stuff when used properly.

Matt