Re: [MV] stuck front bearing

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 17:00:13 PDT

Dave,
Just a thought. Are you SURE it's the bearting? Many times the shoes
need to be backed off, away from the drum. Brake wear leaves a small
ridge along the edge of the drum and the shoes must clear this ridge for
the drum to be removed.
Good luck

Frank Cox ' Nam 1966
MVPA 14530
'45 GMC 353 DUKW
'66 M35A2 w/w
"On-A-Mission" hot shot trucking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:31:53 -0400 L51940@aol.com writes:
> I am servicing front brakes on m35a2 and driver front drum won't come
> off due to bearing being stuck on to spindle. Can I use puller
> pushing off of axle shaft? I tried a little heat and have puller
> hooked up without too much pressure on it. Any other ideas?
>
> Dave McConnell

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox ' Nam 1966
MVPA 14530