M37 Manifold leak

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 20:24:51 PDT

I have had a leak between the intake and exhaust manifold
(they sit on top of each other) on my 52 M37 with the 230 flat
head 6 cylinder engine. I let it go for a long time and now it is
causing a problem. I would like some advice as to best way
to get it off (soak it in kroil or run engine up to temp, or something else)
and also the best sequence to reinstall. What would you use for
gasket lube? I have a NOS intake manifold, gasket set, and carb
rebuild kit and I may have traded for a new exhaust manifold. If I use
old exhaust manifold can I rebuild butterfly valve? What grade or type
of bolts should I use to bolt manifolds back together (old ones look
crusty and that's why I got intake manifold in case I have a problem
getting out bolts). Hope bolts in block are ok.

Anything you can think of will be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net