RE: [MV] Subscribing to the list

From: mstevens@fslf.com
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:57:34 PDT

I had the exact same problem sending to mil-veh@mil-veh.org. I finally
figured out the replies I was making were automatically in plain text but
that my newly created E-mails were not.

I have Outlook but express should be similar. Here's what I did.

Once you have the mil-veh@mil-veh.org address saved in your address book go
to your address book, right click on the mil-veh@mil-veh.org listing, choose
properties, I then get the contact field, you may just get the properties.
Then right click on the E-mail address in the field it appears in and choose
"send options", this is what you are looking for. This is where you can
choose what protocol to sent the messages in. Since this list is so old it
only supports plain text. The setting on this page should be as follows:

Check the "I want to specify the format for messages to this recipient.
Below that you will need to choose plaintext/UUEncode

That fixed my problem.

This works for Microsoft products. I'm not sure how to do any other.

Hope that helps.

Matt