Re: [MV] Another 3000 mile trip completed in the M35

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 19:10:48 PDT

Hi,

This is very good information, I am glad you had a good trip!

Can you say what your average/target highway speed was?

I am trying to think of why I get 7.5-8MPG (yes my truck rolls
easily, it can be pushed by hand) and all I can come up with is:

1. wind resistance of the S-280 shelter

2. putting the pedal to the metal always in 3rd, 4th, and 5th to
get up to speed (is this a normal thing or am I short on power? )
unlike in a car where there's plenty of extra power and one can
drive conservatively.

3. I have the interaxle shaft installed

Patrick