Re: [MV] WARNING!

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 08:41:11 PDT

Glenn Shaw wrote:

> Tried Firefox way back when it was Firebird. Thunderbird too. Tried it
> again a month ago. Not as smooth operating as IE. It has some
> interesting concepts but Microsoft still has it beat hands down. Too
> many bugs with many web pages. Very crashy with Java too. Some day when
> it is finished and ready for prime time maybe I will try it again. For
> now it does not beat IE. No need to throw the baby out with the
> bathwater. ;) If you run a firewall and updated antivirus you will not
> have any problems to speak of with IE. If you don't like popups then
> install No_flash or Crazy Browser which are both Free like the Mozilla
> stuff and poof no more popups. You should run SpyBot AND Adaware once a
> week. Between the both of them they will catch the malware. YMMV.

Dare one point out that your own Homeland Defence has recommended that
all US government agencies change to Mozilla or Opera and not use IE
because if its vulnerabilities?

The only problems the outsider programs have with web pages is where
people use non-standard tags introduced by Microsoft and even those are
rapidly disappearing.

mandatory MV content... all tanks have had tracks except one.

--
TTFN
Jim [long time Mozilla user]