Re: [MV] Was: [MV] WARNING! Now: tanks w/o tracks ?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 10:25:56 PDT

At 12:27 PM -0400 9/2/04, Fred Martin wrote:
>I think they invented RADAR back about 1940 as I recall from a
>History channel program. Seems we took the principal and made
>something useful out of it...the microwave oven. Fred Martin

Co-Develped. Before the Second World War, the Germans had their own
designs. Curious as to if the British were developing Radar as well,
they used the Hindenberg as a platform for a bit of stealthy Signals
Intel on the British. The Germans found some signals on one of the
days they were listening (the other days they tried the British were
not transmitting). As it was, the signals they intercepted were on a
frequency that their German Propeller heads didn't think was useful
for effective Radar (too long a wavelength you know). Turns out that
was the early prototypes of Chain Home, much to the Luftwaffe's peril.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -