MUST SELL M34A2 $4300

From: ellen david (luckenbach82@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 11:25:17 PDT

listers

I love my deuce, but desperately need $$
gotta sell by 8 Sep 04 or it goes to auction

for sale
1968 AMG deuce in very good condition
released from military in 2002 as part of "war on drugs"
served 18 months with a SWAT team then sold at public auction
this deuce is mechanically excellent.
I would trust it to drive coast to coast

1050 hours on turbo multi-fuel engine
engine starts easy and runs smooth
runs 55-60 MPH all day... approx 9 MPG
air over hydraulic brakes - stop right now!
compressor to operating pressure in about a minute
recent oil & filters change
radiator w/ fresh antifreeze - looks new
exhaust stack at passenger side w/ guard - needs paint
50 gallon diesel tank in good shape - no dents or rust
newer battery tray slides easy & latches securely
drivers side tool box w/o dents or rust
comes w/ tire lug wrench & breaker-bar

26,000 miles chassis with many new-looking parts
rated 5000# load all-terrain/ 10000# load on-road
5 speed and reverse, shifts smooth thru all gears
hi-low range, lever movement feels nice and tight
air-shift front drive w/ dash light
over-drive transmission 1:.87 (I think)
all differentials full w/ clean, fresh lube
pintle hook, trailer plug, etc... of course
10 ND (the military lug-type) tires on the ground
all 60% or better, spare same condition

cab has HARD TOP w/ antenna mount
west-coast mirrors w/ fish eyes both sides
make backing up easy

cab interior with 1" (maybe neoprene) blanket
on all interior surfaces & floor. maybe part of artic package?
really helps limit noise, heat & cold

drivers windshield completely redone, like new now
passenger side needs same done (simple job)
neighbor kid "starred" pass windshield w/ rock
probably needs new glass

cab heater w/ new fan puts out LOTS of heat
drivers air-seat - no holes or tears
pass bench seat folds w/ diamond plate backing

instruments OK, but fuel gage shows FULL all the time
sender wire isn't connected at the tank, I think

cargo body 12 feet x 7+ feet wide
cargo body with discrete areas of surface rust, nothing more
i've done lot of rust removal and painting
top rail w/ dent-needs strong pull and weld to fix

inside bed area prepped "down to bare metal" and phosphate coated
then painted w/ one coat of bed liner- needs another coat to be complete
side rail/seating need wire brush & paint to be "deployable"
tarp cover hoops are 60% and need some love, no tarp

EXTRAS:
2 brand new tires (nipples and all) on rims, ready to go
tow bar - the HEAVY DUTY one (170#)

can be driven anywhere

I love my deuce, but desperately need $$
gotta sell by 9 Sep 04 or it goes to auction
for sale $4300

will consider trade for intercity bus in good condition and similar value

804-347-1080