M816 hydraulic pump question/pump need help/part

From: Jason Frisch (jenjas@cox.net)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 13:52:27 PDT

Hey gents,

I have a 69' M816 wrecker with the Austin Western hydraulic crane.
Unfortunetly, a special cup-shaped, rubber coupling failed in the main
center hydraulic pump. I called around and it seems to be a hard to find
item. Of course Memphis Equip has one for about an arm and a leg (way out
there) but I thought I would give the list a try. If any of you wrecker or
5 ton guys know what I am talking about or has a used take-out for sale,
please email me back. I do not use my wrecker for work, mainly for show
and yard work for other military vehicles....

Does Austin-Western still exist???

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated,

Jason