M109A3 2.5-ton 6x6 Shop Van for Sale

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 12:24:32 PDT

I tried sending this last Friday, but the list seems to have taken a
vacation. I'm seeing list traffic again, so here goes nothing...

It's time for me to thin the herd a bit, to free up some cash
for other projects. I've decided to offer my 1972 AM General M109A3
2.5-ton 6x6 shop van. This was my first military truck. I purchased it
in a DRMS auction back in 1999, before the whole GL thing started. I'm
sure I'll miss it, but I have another shop van that I bought from a list
member a few years ago as a replacement for it, as well as four 2.5-ton
cargo trucks (three of which also need to go!).

Briefly, it's a solid runner, with clear title and CA Historical Vehicle
plates, an ugly but authentic Desert Storm tan CARC paint job, and the
van box is banged up a bit. The cab has a hard top, the engine is a
"whistler", and it has an air-shift front axle. The engine, chassis,
drivetrain, wheels, tires, lighting, brakes, etc. are in good shape.
This could be a fine truck for somebody who wants a good truck that
needs some cosmetic work, and either has the gumption to fix the van box
or just wants a good chassis and drivetrain to build something special.

The truck is located near Riverside, California, and I'm asking for
$3,500 for it.

More details, including lots of pictures, can be found on my web page.
Here's a direct link to the truck description:

      http://www.qsl.net/nf6x/forsale/NK03QM/index.html

My main web page moved recently; here's the new URL:

      http://www.qsl.net/nf6x

Please note that I've also changed my email address recently.

As I mentioned above, I have some other 2.5-ton trucks listed for sale
on my trade list, but I'm working on getting them registered. I'll post
descriptions after their title certificates arrive. The paperwork is in
the hands of my registration service, and now I'm just waiting on the DMV.

Thanks in advance for any interest in this truck!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/nf6x/