Solution to Re: [MV] help needed to repair a plastic/poly fuel tank

From: Tony Mugno (amugno@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 10:52:03 PDT

Thanks for all the suggetions. What I finally wound up doing is cutting off
a piece of the tank where there was spare plastic. I then melted that down
and then smushed it (<- technical term) into and around the hole. I used a
spoon that I heated up red hot using MAPP gas (I stole the spoon from the
kitchen drawer. The wife will never know >: ) )

I also cut a small hole in the upper part of the tank then used a screw
coated with liquid gasket material as a test. I wasnt satisfied with the
result so I went with the smush method.