M211 exhaust donuts?

From: Neil (m1028a3@toadmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 18:32:11 PDT

Even though the list appears to be down right now, I'll try this anyway and
check back tomorrow....

Does anyone know if the original exhaust donuts for the M211/M135 were
narrower than the new units supplied by Memphis? The donuts from Memphis are
identical to some I had laying around, which (I believe) were for between
the head pipe and manifolds on a stock big-block Chevy with cast-iron
manifolds. They could be small block, but I don't think so. Anyway, if the
originals were the same thickness, how on earth do you get the clamp around
the two flanges to smash the donut? The flanges almost need to meet to get
the clamp (the V-shaped clamps) on them, but they are 1/4" apart with this
donut. It's way to wide to allow any person (without a very specialized tool
for doing just that) to do it.

Thanks for any insight,
--Neil