Re: [MV] OFF TOPIC: Draft Dodgers in office

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 10:54:54 PDT

>IMO, they could well be fake documents though. Faked by someone on the
>right to
>embarrass Kerry. (not my idea.. Nightline last night)

One of the BEST ways to discredit the truth is to pollute the real facts
with identical looking faked ones. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

However, it is interesting that so far Bush hasn't claimed the documents
are fake. One would think he would be the first to make this claim. I
know it would be the first thing I would say if I were being falsely accused.

BTW, the doubters overlook the fact that CBS talked to LT COL Killian's
former superior, and that interview backs up what is said in the
documents in question. So if they are fakes (and that certainly hasn't
been proven) they could still be factually correct.

People with political clout use their influence to get out of things that
normal people have to do all the time. Not sure why this story should
come as any surprise.

Steve