Protecting tools

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 18:33:10 PDT

Having just spent several hours with a wire wheel, after liberal applications of
WD-40, cleaning up some tools and gears, I'm wondering what's the best way to
protect them from future damage.

The items are now clean an bright steel or black oxide finish. They will be
stored indoors, but in a basement where the humidity can rise on occasion. I
don't want something such as Cosmoline or heavy grease which requires extensive
effort to remove before use.

A spray on protective coating would be my preference.

Thanks,
-John